The Arts & Humanities Jury is entrusted with the coordination and fulfillment of The DKG Gallery of Fine Arts, an online publication and display of DKG members’ creative works. The online Gallery includes Literary Efforts; Two and Three Dimensional Art; Performance Art; Photography; and Crafts. Be sure to look at the frequently asked questions in the Resources section below.
12.66 Publication policy and guidelines developed by the Arts & Humanities Jury shall be reviewed by the Administrative Board and approved by the Executive Board.
Goals for 2016-2018:
- Revise content as needed for Arts & Humanities Jury web page including the beginning of an on-going blog.
- Review time-line for on-going project operations.
- Review and revise as needed the Policy Statement, Guidelines, Procedures for Submission, and Application Form for submission to the DKG Gallery of Fine Arts. (Changes to the Policy Statement must be approved by the DKG Executive Board.)
- Review appropriate forms, letters and organization framework for the mechanics of judging.
- Maintain a Jury Procedures Manual.
- Publicize the Gallery to members for their use and to member artists for possible submissions.
- Continue to implement and expand the state organization Arts & Humanities Liaison Initiative.
Goals for Arts & Humanities State Organization Liaisons
- Promote the DKG Arts & Humanities Gallery to members.
- Encourage members in your state organization to submit their creative work to the Gallery.
- Recognize members in your state organization whose work has been selected for the Gallery.
Suggestions for meeting goals:
a. Write articles for your state organization newsletter and website
b. Submit your own work
c. Use state organization communication channels to contact chapters to inform members of the Gallery and the submission periods.
d. Publicize members whose work has been selected for the Gallery, for example, at state organization meetings as well as in local newspapers and educational publications.
e. Present a breakout session at your state organization convention and/or promote the Gallery at a general session.
f. Assist with the Arts & Humanities Jury’s breakout session at a regional conference if contacted by an Arts & Humanities Jurist.
g. Become familiar with Arts & Humanities Jury documents that can be found on the jury webpage. They include:
- Submission procedures
- Judging rubrics
- 10 Steps in submitting
- Artwork Application Form (available at the beginning of an application period)
- Q & A’s