This committee shall promote programs and projects for excellence in education. The committee shall identify long-term and short-term programs and projects that focus upon topics adopted by the Society. The committee shall support programs of action that promote the personal well-being, intellectual growth, and global awareness of women educators; encourage a focus on the arts at international conventions, regional conferences and state organization conventions and develop strategies that will enable chapters to encourage members to become leaders.
Goals for 2016 - 2018:
A. Empowering women through leadership opportunities
1. Empower leaders to impact policy and people worldwide.
2. Validate and support members’ passions and talents to lead.
3. Inspire, mentor and strengthen members’ growth as leaders.
B. Engaging educators in purposeful programs and projects
1. Provide resources for local programs to involve members in policy discussions on education.
2. Impact educator retention through support for early-career and all educators.
3. Collaborate with DKG Forums to empower members in impacting educational legislation, policy and pedagogy.
4. Provide strategies and resources for the integration of programs and projects that provide personal and professional growth, including but not limited to the visual and performing arts.
C. Creating global involvement
1. Encourage programs/activities that advance increased awareness of and involvement in changing global issues
2. Promote participation in DKG/UN relationship, including but not limited to the Schools for Africa project.
3. Collaborate with educational, governmental and social agencies to promote literacy, cultural, and social integration of refugees and migrants.